New to BCHS
Whether you are an incoming freshman or transferring from another school, the first days of school can be a bit intimidating. Here are some things you should know about BCHS to make your first days a success.
- Connect with a student in your fourth hour class before going to lunch. Have him or her show you the "ins and outs" of lunch.
- Picking the right classes is key. Search this site and check out the academics page for information and resources. See your guidance counselor with questions.
- Honors courses are based on academic success, progression of classes, and teacher recommendation.
- Honors English: Teacher recommendation, grades, and standardized testing
- Accelerated Science: By skipping Sciene 9, students can take Biology in ninth grade in order to take advanced science courses in upper grades. See the letter from Mr. Joseph for details.
- Honors Math: This is based on academic progression and success, plus teacher recommendation.
- Honors Social Studies: Teacher recommendation, grades, and standardized testing in reading and writing.
- Whether it be sports , arts , or clubs , BCHS has many options for you to get involved.
- The best way to make friends is to be friendly. Introduce yourself to others!
Set up a tour
- Most of the time, you will have a chance to go to your classes and check out your locker prior to the first day of school. Take advantage of this so that you can ease anxiety on your first day. If you are an incoming freshman, registration will include a tour and an opportunity for questions and answers.
- Soon to come - A virtual tour. Stay tuned.
- Make sure you know what you need to do in order to graduate. This includes understanding how your GPA , Testing , and course selections help to determine your college admission options.
- See a list of frequently asked questions and visit our FAQs page .