Staff Technology Resources
This page is designed to give you resources that will help you in the four areas of technology integration for improvement in:
This is not a "how to" portion, but rather a resource for you to start working through this.
There are many resources available through iTunes University and Mi Learning. Download iTunes, go to iTunes University, and on the left, click on Mi Learning. There are full resources for your course.
There are national technology standards for students, teachers, and administrators (NETS -S, NETS-T, NETS - A) Click here for more information:
- ASSIST APP for iphone or iPad: This is an app that you can take a picture of a scantron sheet with correct answers, give an assessment to students, and when they turn it in, you simply take a picture of their scantron form and it will grade it on the spot.
- APPs for Special Education: There are hundreds of apps for differentiation and special education. See the PDF explaining APPS for Special Education .
- ACTION MOVIE App: This app takes any video and can add effects that liven up the video. It takes a green screen approach to having fun with video.
- GRAMMER GIRL App: Help in English to have fun with grammar.
- NOTETAKER App: This helps to organize and take notes for students.
- Check out some great apps for education by visiting this site: www.appshopper.com
- EVERNOTE PEEK: flash cards for your iPad
- Create your own website with a free education version of weebly. http://education.weebly.com/
- For $40 per year, you can enhance and invite others to contribute to your site as well.
- Check out what apps Zeeland Public Schools are using with their ipads: ZPS site.
- Get all of your ideas in one place. pinterest.com
- Need a grant? www.grantwrangler.com
- Great resources from Rushton Hurley. *****
- Great site for educators to check out. www.nextvista.org
- Web brower that embeds in FB, Twitter, and RSS into one service
- Will take the social media experience to the next level
- You can update your website through Twitter
- live-bloggin site
- set up an event room and allow people to join
- room attendees can make comments
- great for collaboration
- presenter and audience interaction using any mobile device/computer
- You can poll, make a quiz, audience gives input
- pin what interests you
- a virtual pin board
- organize based on topic, idea, need, etc
- add text, photo, etc.
- share with other people
- free. request to be invited
- evernote clearly: rips the story from the web page to give text only
- recently added audio recording to your notes: record while you take notes @evernoteschools you can see how other schools are using evernote
- all of your to-do lists in one location
- you have the ability to add people to your to do list
- a curation service of news and media
- you can create your own chat room
- share your screen with others
- phone number for conference calls
- allows others to take control of the computer screen
- create forms
- you can embed it into a webpage
- create surveys
- now have an iPad app
- allows you to set up an event with online registration
- can process credit card payments (they get a cut of the sale)
- accept donations
- prints name badge's and certificates
- student and engagement behavior tracker
- print or email beautiful behavior reports to easily engage parents
- save time by recording behaviors and accomplishments
- can hook into your smart phone for feedback remotely
- a "storyverse"
- takes all the details and part of a story
- you as a teacher create a remind account for each class. Then go to parents and students and have them join your site by using their phones.
- teacher then shares the code to parents and students
- teacher can then send a message to the code which everyone signed up will get
- can have up to 10 classes free
- create an account for a message board
- works from mobile phone or web
- publishes in real time message
- also supports images from flickr and tweets from Twitter
- random names used unless person gives name
- interactive environment to fill out your survey
- allows you to accumulate articles as wel as social media entries and place them on a single page
- Have a document that is "Things to do when you're done with your work."