March 13, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Good Morning, BCPS is working to answer the many questions that are surfacing as a result of the Governor’s school closing mandate. BCPS continues to work closely with the KISD, State of Michigan, and local agencies to make these critical decisions. Thank you for your patience as we work step-by-step through this.
The BCPS leadership team and I have been meeting to discuss in detail the questions that impact BCPS education and families. There are many areas that can be treated the same across the county, and there are areas that are unique to BC, our culture and the needs of our students. All of this will be taken into consideration in the days to come.
As this is a fluid situation, this is an outline of our first steps:
- All events canceled until further notice (practices, facility rentals)
- All buildings will be open today, Friday, March 13, 1:00-3:00PM for students and parents to pick up medications and essential items.
- Due to this unprecedented event, Option 1 and 2 students in grades 7-12 may pick up their computer and take it home.
- There will be future opportunities scheduled for parents/students to pick up items.
- The BCPS team continues to brainstorm during this unprecedented time and will maintain communication with our families.
Health and safety of the BCPS students remains our #1 goal. We are grateful to the BC community for their positive support as we work together through this time.
Kevin Macina, Ph.D.