Hello Byron Center Bulldog Families!
I am excited to inform you of the upcoming fall practice schedule for Byron Center West Middle School. Included below are the first practice/tryout days and times for sports. Your student-athlete will be given a full schedule from their coach and games/meets are always available on schedulestar.com. Also included is basic helpful information for families at West Middle School. Together, we are going to make this another great school year! Thank you always for your continued support of West Middle School and Byron Center Public Schools as a whole!
Physical forms may be dropped off in the office any Wednesday in August between 9am and 3pm. Physicals may also be given to your child's coach on the first day of practice. Please remember that physicals must be dated after April 15th, 2021 to meet MHSAA guidelines.
Pay-to-participate for the middle school is $50 per season and may be paid at the middle school office after your child has made the team they are trying out for. Pay-to-participate may also be given to your child's coach on the first day of practice.
DURING SOME PRACTICES THERE WILL BE CONFLICTS WITH SCHOOL ORIENTATIONS. STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO GO TO ORIENTATION AND THEN ATTEND PRACTICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE IMPACTED BY SHOWING UP LATE DUE TO ORIENTATION.
Fall Sports: Cross Country, Football, Boys Tennis, Volleyball
- All fall sports begin August 25th, 2021 except football which begins on August 23, 2021.
- Tryouts will be held for volleyball and tennis, while the first practice for cross country and football will be held this day.
Winter I Sports: Competitive Cheer, Girls Swim & Dive, Boys Basketball
- All Winter I sports begin October 21, 2021.
- Tryouts will be held for competitive cheer and boys’ basketball, while the first practice for girls swim & dive will be held this day.
Winter II Sports: Girls Swim & Dive, Boys Basketball, Wrestling
- All Winter II sports begin January 10, 2022.
- Tryouts will be held for girls’ basketball, while the first practice for boys swim & dive and wrestling will be held this day.
Spring Sports: Girls Tennis and Track and Field
- All spring sports begin March 21, 2022.
- Tryouts will be held for girls’ tennis, while the first practice for track and field will be held this day.
Schedules for each season can be viewed at schedulestar
Please remember that your child MUST have a sport physical on file in our office prior to trying out for any sport.
Physical forms are available in our office or can be downloaded from this site.